Solutions & Services
Network Installation Services is a Connecticut-based Information Technology Systems firm. We offer cable system design, installation, and integration services over the spectrum of voice, data, electronic safety & security, and audio & video technologies, encompassing optical fiber, copper, and wireless based distribution systems. Installations are based on ANSI/TIA/EIA and BICSI standards-compliant designs and are delivered with the industry’s best installation practices and highest quality craftsmanship by fully licensed and trained installation teams.
NIS’ serves a wide variety of industries, including commercial accounts, manufacturing facilities, universities and schools, healthcare organizations, and government offices throughout the CT footprint. In partnering with many of the areas leading IT consultants, architects, systems furniture vendors, AV contractors, engineers, and general contractors, NIS has built a reputation for professional installations with a common-sense and responsive approach to problem solving. From multi-building campus environments and data centers, to classified clean rooms, we have the expertise, resources, and experience to handle any cabling environment.
Horizontal cabling connecting the end user’s Work Area Outlet to the Telecom Room is installed in properly supported bundles and fire-rated sleeve assemblies to comply with all applicable electrical and building codes. NIS installations ranging from the most cost effective CAT5E designs all the way up to the highest bandwidth maximum density CAT6A systems will be completed in accordance with the manufacturer’s installation practices, distance limitations, and warranty requirements. When choosing NIS, you will get the peace of mind that your installation will be eligible to receive an extended manufacturer warranty, often 20-25 years, that is possible only when choosing a certified installation contractor.
NIS connects Telecom Rooms, Equipment Rooms, and Entrance Facilities within a building or between buildings on campuses. Multipair voice cable, coax cable for video applications, and fiber optic cable to handle Information Technology System applications is achieved with the goal of maximizing network flexibility, survivability, and the inevitably higher bandwidth demands of future services.
A well conceived cable system design for the campus is critical for accommodating newer, more demanding technologies and efficiently deploying new services. Systems relying on an effective design range from traditional LAN and Wireless traffic to VOIP. In addition, dozens of additional services are increasingly dependent on a reliable and robust campus backbone.
- Surveillance and Security
- Solar Energy
- Metering of Services (water, electric)
- Fire and Alarm
- Mass Notification
- Building Automation and Controls
- Video and Campus Communication
- Event Systems
- Message Boards
- Time and Tracking
Fiber Optic Cabling
Complete Fiber Optic cabling services include:
- Inter-Building and Intra-Building Campus Installations
- Backbone Fiber
- Horizontal Fiber
- Fiber Optic Cable Splicing
- Power Meter Testing
- OTDR Signature Trace and Troubleshooting/Repair
- Service Restoration
- Fiber Optic System Certifications and Commissioning
NIS has extensive experience in Data Center installations, expansions, and relocations. Recent projects include all of the following:
- Network, Server, and SAN Cabinets
- Equipment Racks and Cable Managment
- Multi-tiered Ladder Rack and Cable Tray Systems
- PDU Cabinets, VESDA
- 50um Fiber Intercabinet Cabling (including 28,000 MPO Fiber Systems)
- CAT6 Intercabinet Cabling
- Top of Cabinet Connectivity Designs
- Hot Aisle Containment Pod Systems
- Complete Grounding and Bonding Systems
- Both Raised Floor and Slab Floor Designs
- Data Center Access and Surveillance Systems
- System Commissioning and Manufacturer Warranty Testing/Documentation
NIS has moved several campus Data Centers while maintaining uninterrupted service. Extending legacy fiber to new High Density hardware as well as dual service on large, traditional PBX systems has prolonged the life of existing infrastructures during transitions to newer technologies and new Data Center Facilities.
NIS installs both Aerial and Underground Systems on campuses and in commercial environments. Projects include:
- Underground Conduit
- Hand Holes and Maintenance Holes
- Aerial Cabling, Poles with Cable Support Systems and Guying
- Voice Backbone Cable, Fiber Optic Backbone Cable, Coax Backbone Cable
- Audio and Broadcast Cable
- Wireless Antenna Cabling
- Fully Trained and Equipped Confined Space Installation Teams